School is back in session and with homework, sports, practices and everything else busy families have going on, sometimes it’s hard to find time to prepare a decent meal. Here are 3 of our favorite recipes that please the entire family – and come right from your slow cooker.
Amazing Pork Ribs
Ribs are so yummy, but take hours on the grill. With a little prep the night before, these come together in a snap. These are tender, delicious and best of all – incredibly easy!
- 5-6 pounds pork loin back ribs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix together the brown sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder
- Cut slab of ribs into 3 to 4 rib sections
- Rub seasoning mixture into pork ribs
- Wrap in aluminum foil
- Allow ribs to marinate in refrigerator overnight
- The next morning, place rib packets into slow cooker
- Add one cup of water
- Cook on low 8-10 hours
- 30 minutes before serving, unwrap and pour your favorite liquid barbeque sauce over, rewrap and place back in slow cooker until time to serve.
This is a family favorite and is so simple. You can even do all the work the night before and just put it into the slow cooker the next morning. It serves 12, so there’s lots for leftovers.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 15 oz. cans pinto beans (or black beans, rinsed, if you prefer)
- 2 15 oz. cans Veg-all
- 1 29 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet dry Hidden Valley Ranch mix
- Brown ground beef and pour off any remaining grease.
- Add beef to slow cooker
- Add beans, Veg-All, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix and Ranch mix
- Stir well
- Cook 6-8 hours on low
Simple, easy comfort food at its best.
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup Beef Broth or Beef Stock
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 3 medium onions, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces (about 7 cups) medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Stir the soup, broth, Worcestershire, garlic and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place the mushrooms and onions into a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with the beef. Pour the soup mixture over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Stir the sour cream in the cooker. Serve the beef mixture with the noodles. Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.